Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mackay, ID

It was great to go to the Palmer Fishing Cabin in Idaho for about a week.  We had some fun and had lots of fish too.  I didn't catch any, but Jeff did.  I got into some stinging nettle and so did Andrew, but all in all we survived. Oh yeah, Anna my little busy body managed to hit her head on the counter in the camper the first night we stayed in Mackay and after that Jeff nicknamed her "Rocky."  Her eye swelled shut.  I was planning on getting some nice family pics and thought it wouldn't clear in time.  I learned something new though from my grandparents neighbor there.  If you have a spot that swollen and you can't put ice on it then put Vaseline on it.  So we put some on it and sure enough the next day it was a whole lot better and by the last day of our trip you could hardly tell she had hit it.

We saw a moose a few times and some deer high in the mountains.  Andrew caught some algae on his pole and nothing more.  Anna enjoyed dipping in the stream behind the cabin and she was the winner of the boat race in the stream.  We had a great time and it was so beautiful.

1 comment:

Debbie Deerwester said...

Maybe Anna should start training for UFC.... just a thought. Andrew could do the training and announcing at the octagon. They crack me up, such busy bodies. I can't wait to see everyone in October!