When I woke up at 2:30am to use the bathroom I felt a nice burst and my water broke. Standing in a puddle, I call to Jeff that my water had broke. He immediately went into go mode and called his brother, grabbed the bag and said we were leaving. I wasn't even having contractions, but I said okay and we left.
Arrival at the hospital and still random minimal contractions. Can't get reach Mom and Dad. Finally talk to Mom at 7am to tell her we are at the hospital and she comes. Still not uncomfortable labor though. Dilated to 5 cm per the midwife.
Apparently all the beds on the unit are full, but no one is having a baby yet. Hmm. I get a call from one of the nurses I work with at 2pm and tell her we have not had the baby. Then things start to kick in as I decide to stay on my feet and let gravity work with me. Mom's estimate of 3:45pm passes and so does Jeff's estimate of 4:05pm.
Then start the strong contractions and the midwife comes back and then our little Jacob is delivered at 4:44pm. Thanks to help from Mom, Jeff, Lori the midwife, and Leoni the RN. Everything went so well and natural childbirth was not that bad. Yay team!
My big sister loves to hold me for a few seconds at a time.
Andrew has been telling everyone about his new baby brother. He is so proud of him.
My three little cuties all together.
Sleeping, sleeping, sleeping- I do this best, except at night when mommy wants to sleep. :)
1 comment:
He is beautiful Sarah! Congrats on the new addition.
Post a Comment